- 19 Sep 2014:Sun-splashed, wind-swept Jamaica positioned itself Thursday to nearly double the amount of electricity it generates from renewable sources.
- India will get $100-billion investment in renewable energy in the next five years and become a world leader in the sector.
- According to recent report from Citi Research, renewables will continue their market share grabs from coal and gas for two reasons.
- Germany has launched what it claims is Europe's first and largest commercial battery plant, which will help to store renewable power sources.
- 12 Sep 2014:One day this summer a tugboat called Thor Goliath left Norway and made its way to the blustery west coast of Scotland. It was towing a pair of black plastic pipes, each as thick as a tree trunk and 620m long - the length of more than a dozen Olympic swimming pools laid end to end.
- 9 Sep 2014:Vladimir Putin has a death grip around Europe's neck, and he could deliver the final squeeze at any moment.
- A vote for independence in Scotland may halt work on renewable power projects that support 14 billion pounds ($23 billion) of investment and 12,000 jobs by raising questions about how developers would get subsidies, an energy supplier said.
- German businesses grapple with green energy costs (Sep 7) - Financial Times (USE The Financial Times)Power prices paid by Germany's Mittelstand companies have reached twice the level facing some of their US rivals, underlining the threat posed to the country's competitiveness by its shift to renewable energy.
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
- Heraeus to exhibit at Intersolar North America 2014 Exhibition and Conference
- YC Synergy to power all-electric yachts with fuel cell technology
- Heraeus Photovoltaics introduces two new pastes for lightly doped and ultra lightly doped emitter cells at SNEC
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...
The Taiwan-based solar supply chain is likely to enter a period of consolidation. For upstream material...