- 1 Sep 2015:Kenya and Turkey have exceeded forecasts for harnessing geothermal energy, but other developing countries, including Indonesia and the Philippines, are lagging behind on leveraging the renewable power source, a new analysis shows.
- A British company has announced plans for an array of unique marine turbines that can operate in shallower and slower-moving water than current designs.
- A new report from the Department of Energy found that the cost of wind energy is now at an all-time low.
- 31 Aug 2015:President Obama flew west into the blistering sun of this desert oasis on Monday not so much to issue a dour warning about the dangers of climate change - moralizing does not become this freewheeling city - but to speak with great hope about solar and other renewable forms of energy.
- 20 Aug 2015:Around one in seven, or 1.1 billion people, don't have access to electricity, and almost 3 billion still cook with polluting fuels like kerosene, wood, charcoal, and dung.
- India is progressing well along its ambitious renewable energy transmission network program.
- Britain and Germany will line up on opposite sides of a European Union green energy debate starting next month on how to meet agreed renewable energy targets for the next decade.
- 17 Aug 2015:Power-hungry operations save nearly $20 per megawatt hour using the sun and wind.
- Investors are sweating over falling oil prices. Renewable energy executives, somewhat counterintuitively, are keeping their cool.
- BIG SUN and SAS sign iPV Solar Tracker exclusive distribution agreement for Germany and Italy
- Brand new fuel cell ferry in full service
- Armed with strong system integration capabilities, Tatung launches smart green building solutions
- Heraeus Photovoltaics consolidates research and development in US
- Heraeus Photovoltaics features SOL9620 Series and the SOL9621 Series at Intersolar N.A. 2014
The 2015 Photonics Festival in Taiwan is taking place in Taipei during June 16-18, with more than 500 exhibitors showcasing the latest optoelectronics...
Big firms from other sectors are also playing the PV game
The solar energy market is recovering.
Latest developments in PV pricing.
Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have been impacted by the US imposing an average...
Digitimes recently interviewed Bert Gyselinckx, general manager of the Holst Centre in Eindhoven, to...
Digitimes recently spoke with Karen Lightman, the executive director of MEMS Industry Group (MIG),...
GaAs solar material maker Alta Devices boasts solar cells with an efficiency of 28.8%, but perhaps...