- 2 Jun 2015:MagnaChip Semiconductor now offers a new 0.18-micron Bipolar-CMOS-DMOS (BCD) 100V high voltage process. This new process features operability up to 100V for various applications that include DC-DC converters, Power-over-Ethernet, LED drivers, motor drivers, audio amps and PMICs.
- A new low-power, high-speed memory technology on the horizon could replace solid-state drives, hard drives and DRAM in PCs, and bring higher levels of storage capacity to mobile devices and wearables.
- The Helio P10 is built using TSMC's 28nm HPC+ process.
- Bayer has announced that the new name of its MaterialScience business will be Covestro. It will be effective on September 1, 2015. Bayer intends to float Covestro on the stock market by mid-2016 at the latest.
- A San Francisco recycling centre is seeking a woman who may have handed over a rare Apple I computer by mistake.
- 28 May 2015:
- 26 May 2015:The next-generation iPhone will reportedly sport a camera with a 12-megapixel Sony sensor that makes use of the firm's RGBW technology to help with low-light photography.
- His name previously came to prominence during an Apple v Samsung patent fight in 2012, when court filings revealed he had played a key role in the design of the original iPhone.
- 25 May 2015:
- The deal brings together HP with the investment arm of China's Tsinghua University in a joint venture called H3C, worth $4.5bn.
- Globalfoundries offers new low-power 28nm solution for high-performance mobile and IoT applications (May 20) - Company releaseGlobalfoundries has announced it is offering a 28nm High-k Metal Gate (HKMG) radio frequency (RF) process technology that will provide power-efficient solutions for highly integrated mobile applications and connected devices.
- 21 May 2015:Huawei and Qualcomm jointly complete CAT11-based 3CC CA+256QAM test, reaching 600 Mbit/s rate - Company releaseHuawei and Qualcomm Technologies, a subsidiary of Qualcomm, have jointly announced the completion of tests using LTE CAT11 terminals.
- 20 May 2015:James Xiong, CEO of a startup called 3Wearable Technology, is obsessed with the smartwatch.
- The US has charged six Chinese nationals over the alleged theft of technology used in mobile phones. The six, including three university professors, are accused of using the technology to benefit universities and companies controlled by Beijing.
- 19 May 2015:A new leaked roadmap slide purportedly showing Intel's plans through to the end of 2016 has been published by a Finnish computer technology website. If the slide is genuine we will likely see Intel release its first 10nm Cannonlake CPUs sometime around the second and third quarters of next year.
- As Apple basks in the unprecedented demand for its latest iPhones, suppliers from Tokyo to Taipei are sharing in the spoils.
- Xiaomi wants its own custom-designed processors to differentiate its products and control its destiny, an executive of Leadcore Technology told EE Times.
- 18 May 2015:
- Fujitsu and Intel have reached an agreement to combine Fujitsu Laboratories' distributed service platform technology with the Intel IoT Gateway to build out comprehensive IoT solutions.
- 15 May 2015:
- An increasing number of companies, mainly retailers, are launching low-cost smartphone services in Japan by taking advantage of a regulatory step designed to help users easily switch mobile operators.
- Finland's Nokia is planning to cut up to 70 jobs from its technologies unit in Finland, its spokeswoman said on Wednesday.
- With the adoption rate of the ARM mbed IoT Device Platform increasing rapidly, the company has announced a new assurance standard, the ARM mbed Enabled program.
- 13 May 2015:Samsung on Tuesday revealed a new chip family to power the Internet of Things, putting it in more direct competition with Intel, Qualcomm and others in the quest to connect everything.
- 11 May 2015:
- 8 May 2015:
- Seagate partners with QNAP to showcase high-speed thunderbolt NAS, virtualization solutions and new QTS 4.2 OS at Computex 2015
- Clientron reveals its brand new all-in-one POS terminal - Wing650
- ThroughTek to showcase partner solutions at Computex 2015
- Sidekick at the 2015 SIA new product showcase in ISC West won award
- Jorjin launch SimpleLink module solutions for Internet of Everything
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Efficient Network Management for Digital Signage
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft to partner with Acer, Lenovo and Inventec for US$169-249 Windows 10 notebooks
- Computex 2015: BioLogic SportCase wins Design and Innovation Award
- Digitimes Research: Six 2-in-1 Chromebooks scheduled for 2015 to tackle non-education markets
- Demand for overclocking surges in the face of declining desktop market, says HWinsights
- Digitimes Research: Microsoft patent fee cut to attract vendors to pre-install apps in Android products
The Computex show will host from June 2-6 and will focus on three major topics: IoT, mobile applications and cloud computing technology.
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Taiwan IT players have been aggressively establishing platform to help start-up companies to enter into the IT market.
Computex has evolved into one of the biggest and most important ICT trade shows in the world since...
Although the company has not been operating in the gaming notebook industry for long, Gigabyte Technology...
The Cortex-A72 processor is ARM's highest-performance and most advanced processor. Based on the ARMv8-A...
Networking is a hot topic these days, whether it is connecting all devices in the Internet of Things...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...