- 5 Feb 2016:A jury has ordered Apple to pay $626 million in damages after finding that iMessage, FaceTime and other Apple software infringed on another company's patents.
- 4 Feb 2016:Toshiba said it would record the biggest annual loss in its 140-year-old history as the firm wrote down the book value of several units, including energy and infrastructure, while restructuring costs ballooned.
- Qualcomm is poised to get a crucial stamp of approval for its fledgling push into server chips, a market dominated by Intel.
- 2 Feb 2016:Mayer is expected to appear on video with Chief Financial Officer Ken Goldman after Yahoo announces fourth-quarter earnings to unveil a plan aimed at slashing the Internet company's costs, including the closure of several business units and a reduction of up to 15% of its workforce, said people familiar with the matter.
- 1 Feb 2016:
- 29 Jan 2016:Apple has issued a voluntary recall of millions of its two-prong AC wall plugs after incidents of them breaking and causing electric shocks.
- 28 Jan 2016:The smartphone business is maturing and Qualcomm is feeling it.
- 27 Jan 2016:
- One of China's largest internet companies is intensifying its efforts to crack the African market with a bid to disrupt Facebook's WhatsApp with a rival messenging service.
- Nagraj Kashyap has agreed to join the venture capital arm of Microsoft, after spending the last 12 years leading Qualcomm Ventures.
- STMicroelectronics said it will shut down its set-top-box chip business and eliminate or redeploy 2,000 jobs as Chief Executive Officer Carlo Bozotti seeks to cut losses at the unprofitable unit. Shares of Europe's biggest semiconductor maker jumped.
- 26 Jan 2016:Sprint has axed at least 2,500 jobs across six customer care centers and its Kansas headquarters as part of its plan to cut $2.5 billion in costs, a company spokeswoman said on Monday.
- 22 Jan 2016:
- 21 Jan 2016:
- 19 Jan 2016:The action camera company said it would cut 7% of its workforce, or roughly 100 employees. The company had more than 1,500 workers at the end of 2015.
- China's economy grew by 6.9% in 2015, compared with 7.3% a year earlier, marking its slowest growth in a quarter of a century.
- "Samsung is the sole supplier for all Qualcomm future 14nm chipsets and modems," Warren Lau, an analyst with Maybank Kim Eng in Hong Kong, said in emailed comments to EE Times. "This is also the case at 10nm."
- Digitimes Research: Worldwide notebook shipments grow slightly on quarter in 4Q15, but will drop over 16% in 1Q16
- Digitimes Research: Vendors showcase more applications to promote personal security at CES 2016
- Digitimes Research: Non-gaming VR applications showcased at CES 2016
- Digitimes Research: Amazon launches Alpine chips to support its entertainment services
- Targeting future demand and creating new opportunities: Conquer Electronics responds to market challenges with advantage in automation and customization
- With cutting-edge technologies, AMD gears up for opportunities arising from virtual reality and gaming
- IoT Gateways Adapt to Local Conditions to Extract True IoT Value
- Leveraging embedded system expertise, Clientron aspires to become professional provider of IoT client solutions
- What we can learn from AWS entry to IoT market?
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Emb' Store On-Demand Software Service for Embedded Computing
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Digitimes Research: iPad Pro shipments to be less than 3 million units in 4Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel processor shipments rely on Windows tablets for growth
- Digitimes Research: Tablets with phone functionality from white-box players to suffer over 15% decline in 2Q15
- Digitimes Research: Intel 28nm SoFIA 4G AP delayed to early 2016; may face overlap issue with 14nm version
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production and Digitimes is there to provide daily...
China-based Huawei and Xiaomi are both planning to launch notebooks in 2016, looking to snatch some share from the market.
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers, software developers and semiconductor players...
Notebook brand vendors have been postponing their RFQ processores for 2016orders, lacking development direction and waiting for Intel new Skylake processors...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has been outspoken with his predictions about future technologies and products,...
During a Digitimes interview, Global Sales and Operations senior vice president B.S. Teh for Seagate...
At this point most consumers are not that familiar with the USB Type C specification but it has the...
Buoyed by its ZenFone series smartphones, Asustek Computer has captured a portion of the global smartphone...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - Jun 2011
The motherboard industry began 2010 with optimism and expected to see a reversal of the previous two years' declines in revenues and shipments as the impact of...