IT + CE | Jan 20, 11:55
The global production value of the VR (virtual reality) industry, including VR devices and applications, will stage a major take-off in 2017, according to...
Bits + chips | Jan 20, 10:55
China's Tsinghua Unigroup on January 18 struck a deal with the municipal government of Nanjing to establish an IC manufacturing site in the Chinese city for...
Bits + chips | Jan 20, 10:45
Prices for 12-inch blank silicon wafers are set to continue rising, driven by robust demand from foundries and memory chipmakers, according to industry sou...
IT + CE | Jan 20, 14:16
Asustek Computer, Gigabyte Technology and Micro-Star International (MSI), due to continual increases in costs for processors, hard disk drives and PCBs as well as depreciation of the Chinese yuan, will hike retail prices for motherboards and graphics cards in China in early February after the 2017...
Acer to be free of amortization cost for intangible assets beginning 2018, says CEO
Jan 20, 15:11
Foxconn to set up factory in conjunction with Apple R&D center in Shenzhen, says report
Jan 20, 13:47
VIA launches Custom IoT Platform Design Service
Jan 19, 16:10
Catcher to establish new subsidiary in China
Stockwatch | Jan 19, 15:54
HTC to release new VR games, accessories to promote Vive
Jan 19, 15:41
Lite-On SSD shipments to be affected by tight supply of memory chips in 1Q17, says paper
Newswatch | Jan 19, 14:49
Software distributor GrandTech reports increased earnings for 4Q16
Newswatch | Jan 19, 14:39
Apple reportedly planning 3 new tablets for 2017
Jan 19, 11:56
Xiaomi to launch notebook with magnesium-lithium chassis in 2017
Jan 19, 11:53
Digitimes Research: KDDI sets up smart drone platform, Rakuten Mobile launches drone
Jan 19, 10:24
TEEMA to assist member companies to expand market in ASEAN, says chairman
Jan 18, 16:09
China market: Asustek adjusts marketing staff for own-brand products
Jan 18, 16:01
Chassis maker Nishoku to see revenues grow 5-10% in 2017
Newswatch | Jan 18, 12:12
Taiwan market: Largan Medical aims to double sales in 2017
Jan 18, 12:01
Intel unveils Responsive Retail Platform and plans for US$100 million investment at NRF 2017
Jan 17, 16:27
ITRI unveils robots and drone management solution
Jan 17, 15:36
MacBook shipments to reach 15 million units in 2017, says paper
Newswatch | Jan 17, 15:32
Foxconn ties up with Robo 3D to produce 3D printers, says report
Newswatch | Jan 17, 15:02
TEEMA chairman Gou Tai-chiang
- VR/AR new hope for 2017?
With gaming products becoming popular and VR/AR applications having become the latest topics in the...
- HTC Vive
HTC is banking on its VR device to revive its business
- Taiwan notebook ODMs
Taiwan notebook Original Design Manufacturers (ODMs) account for more than 90% of global notebook production...
The early success Google's Android platform has achieved in the handset market has caused system makers,...
Digitimes Research: ASEAN 3G/4G mobile broadband penetration to rise to 60% in 2017
Jan 20, 15:24
SerComm to offer AI-integrated devices in mid-2017
Jan 20, 11:08
Asustek to launch next generation ZenFone 4 smartphones in May, say sources
Jan 20, 10:52
Cable TV in Taiwan to be fully digitized at end of 2017, says NCC
Jan 19, 21:46
Gemtek to invest in LoNaWAN solution provider TrackNet
Newswatch | Jan 19, 13:47
Qualcomm, MediaTek to vie for handset solution orders from Foxconn
Jan 19, 10:30
Samsung, LG adopt thermal pipes for smartphones to be launched in 2017
Jan 18, 15:33
Plus One Marketing sells 4.0 million smartphones globally in fiscal year 2016, says Nikkei
Jan 18, 14:55
Digitimes Research: Samsung introduces IoT gateway solutions for smart household market
Jan 18, 14:11
Xiaomi to not announce smartphone shipments for 2016
Jan 18, 13:55
Taiwan market: Sony Mobile ramps up share of high-end Android smartphone segment
Newswatch | Jan 18, 11:45
Taiwan attracts foreign direct investment of over US$11 billion in 2016, says MOEA
Jan 20, 16:05
Semiconductor M&A reach peak in 2015-2016, says IC Insights
Jan 20, 14:50
Nanya buys equipment from ASML
Stockwatch | Jan 20, 10:50
Dialog Semiconductor launches power management chipset for connected cars
Jan 19, 21:45
Lite-On Semi enters supply chain for next-generation iPhone, says report
Newswatch | Jan 19, 15:24
Samsung Exynos chips to power Audi in-vehicle infotainment
Jan 19, 14:58
MediaTek to post 15-20% revenue decrease in 1Q17
Jan 19, 14:22
Testing equipment maker GPM to deliver PICA-based machines for verification in 2H17
Newswatch | Jan 19, 11:49
Nanya sets price for ECB issue
Jan 18, 21:45
Worldwide semiconductor revenues grow 1.5% in 2016, says Gartner
Jan 18, 21:43
GaAs foundry Wavetek positive about compound semiconductor market
Jan 18, 21:40
Taiwan IC design houses pushing into automotive aftermarket
Jan 18, 16:00
IC distributor Sunnic to enjoy record 2017 revenues
Jan 18, 14:45
Fabless firm Davicom 4Q16 pre-tax profits increase
Jan 18, 11:06
Yangtze River Storage developing 3D NAND flash
Jan 18, 11:03
CMOS image sensor demand promising
Jan 18, 10:51
Semi equipment maker Gudeng looks to a 15% revenue growth in 2017
Newswatch | Jan 18, 10:48
- The 10nm competition
TSMC and Samsung have been competing for clients for the 10nm node.
- Japan earthquake
Earthquakes in Japan often cause huge damage. They have had strong impacts on the country's electronics...
- China: Big plans for homegrown chips
A CNY120 billion (US$19 billion) national industry investment fund has been set up to help local foundries...
- ASE seeking to take up major stake in SPIL
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) is seeking to acquire an up to 25% stake in fellow packaging...
- MediaTek steps up expansion with new acquisitions
After acquiring MStar Semiconductor, MediaTek has announced more acquisitions.
Amtran to ship companion robots, says paper
Newswatch | Jan 20, 11:35
EIH cooperates with Texen to offer smart cosmetics packaging solution
Jan 20, 11:03
TV panel demand, supply to drop in 1Q17, says Sigmaintell
Jan 20, 10:57
Global shipments of OLED-equipped smartphones to exceed LCD ones in 2019, says DSCC
Jan 19, 15:36
TPV eyes 88 million display device shipments in 2017, says paper
Newswatch | Jan 19, 15:30
China polysilicon imports in January-November 2016 grow 18.2% on year, says CNMIA
Jan 20, 14:22
Pihsiang Machinery sets up 2MWp rooftop PV system in northeastern Taiwan
Jan 19, 15:07
Gintech to raise additional paid-in capital of NT$1.204 billion
Stockwatch | Jan 18, 13:57
Tatung starts operation of PV power stations at former landfill sites
Jan 18, 11:42
China adds PV installation capacity of 34.24GWp in 2016, says NEA
Jan 18, 11:32
- Quanmax opens up 'Blue Ocean' infotainment opportunities with OPS compliant display
- TUV NORD launches SECURITY 4 SAFETY service to build Industry 4.0 foundation for customers
- ABB wins $100 million order to upgrade historic HVDC link in the U.S.
- Supermicro introduces latest SUPERO desktop and gaming solutions at CES 2017
- Wanshih Electronic will exhibit USB3.1 cable assemblies with type C in 2017 Consumer Technology Association (CES)
- Unisys IT Implementation of Unisys Stealth Solution for Data Center Segmentation
- AccuTouch Five Wire Resistive Touchscreens
- Getting the Most Out Of Your Next Generation Digital Security Surveillance System
- Embracing the New Generation Intel Atom Family with DDR3 Memory Support
- Got The Message? Ensuring efficient and reliable delivery of content across a mission critical digital signage network
- Perforce Software Wins Develop Industry Excellence Award for the Second Year in a Row
- Perforce Teams with Leading Git Client Developer fournova
- Perforce Introduces Helix GitSwarm: Flexible Git Ecosystem Mirrored to a Powerful Mainline Repository
- Perforce Helix Distributed Version Control System Brings Greater Flexibility While Maintaining Enterprise-class Security, Auditability and Control
- Perforce Powers Development of Legacy Quest for iOS and Android
- Digitimes Research: Samsung Note 7 issues may help Apple to regain number-1 crown in 4Q16
- Digitimes Research: 4 million 9.7-inch iPad Pros to ship in 1H16
- Digitimes Research: Global all-in-one PC shipments to drop 3.9% on year in 2015
- Mentor Graphics Veloce VirtuaLAB adds protocols for networking designs
- Mouser Electronics undergoing expansion
With 2015 being the 50th anniversary of Moore's Law, one of the hottest topics that has continued to...
Gary Patton, a 30-year veteran in the semiconductor industry, joined Globalfoundries as CTO in July...
To help foster the development of related wireless charging technology in Taiwan, the Wireless Power...
Silicon Valley based Anaplan, a cloud-based planning and performance management platform provider,...
- Smartphone and tablet industry: The view from Taiwan - May 2012
Taiwan-based companies have a long and successful history of involvement in the supply chain for mobile devices, which for the purposes of this article consist...
- Taiwan motherboard industry overview - May 2012
The year 2011 saw the motherboard industry reverse its trend of declining shipments year-on-year, to post a slight 0.2% growth. This upturn in fortunes was expected...
- Notebook market overview - Jun 2011
The notebook industry in 2010 experienced several major events that significantly changed the industry's ecosystem for the year and the industry is also believed...
- LCD TV overview - Jun 2011
Growth of the global LCD TV market was not as strong as expected in 2010 as the market continued to feel the aftershocks of the economic recession that had hit...